In some cases you would find your wireless charger is not charging iPhone XR. Errors that cause this issue include bugs from the iPhone XR, conflicts inside the wireless charger, charging coils not lining up, faulty cables, and even some enabled features in the iPhone settings.
There are many quick solutions to solve wireless charger not working with iPhone XR. Below are all the workable solutions in 2020.
We’ve posted many articles to help solve wireless charging problems. For other smartphones’ wireless charging issues, please see more useful tips in our categories: Wireless Charging, and Troubleshooting.
2020 All Workable Solutions to Quickly Solve Wireless Charger Not Working on iPhone XR
If you’re looking for a quick way to solve your wireless charger not working on iPhone XR, check the solutions below.
1. Restart your iPhone XR. A restart is the easiest solution to solve iPhone XR wireless charging not working. It will shut down all running apps and all errors that may cause the iPhone XR unresponsive when placed on a wireless charger.
2. Reset the wireless charger. A reset on the wireless charger is a quick method to shut down all conflicts from the wireless charger that may interfere with the wireless charging process. Check how to reset the wireless charger.
3. Disable the optimized battery charging feature. Sometimes this feature could cause your iPhone XR wireless charging not working on a Qi wireless charger. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health and disable the feature.
4. Reposition your iPhone XR. Wireless charging coils not aligned correctly is one of the most common errors that cause wireless chargers not charging iPhone XR. Move the iPhone a bit to find the sweet spot.
5. Use another USB cable for the charger. Cables fail more than you think, especially those that come with the wireless charger. Use another cable that you can find around you or buy one from Amazon.
6. Use another power adapter for the charger. Some AC power adapters do not work so well especially after a few months. Use a correct AC power adapter for the wireless charger. Check how to select a best AC power adapter for your wireless charger.
7. Take off your iPhone XR case. Some wireless chargers do not work so well with a case on the iPhone XR. Remove the case if there is any. If you prefer a wireless charging compatible case, check ESR, Anker, or EasyAcc.
8. Check if it’s too hot. If the iPhone XR or the wireless charger gets too hot, the wireless charging process will stop. Make sure there is no overheating problem.
9. Update your iPhone XR. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is a new version, download and update.
10. Update or uninstall recently installed apps. Some apps with bugs might interfere with wireless charging. Update or uninstall those apps that you’ve recently installed.
11. Make sure the charger is connected to a sufficient power supply. Low wattage or wrong cabling could also cause your wireless charger not working with iPhone XR. Make sure the wireless charger is connecting to a sufficient power supply.
12. Turn off the vibration mode. Vibration mode may cause the iPhone XR shit position if it gets too many notifications or calls during wireless charging. Turn off the vibration mode, especially when you charge the iPhone XR wirelessly all night.
13. Charge iPhone XR on safe mode. Turn off the iPhone XR, and turn if on by holding down the power button. Once it lights up, hold down the volume down button until you see the Apple logo. Once it’s booted, it will be in the safe mode. Place the iPhone XR onto the exact center of the wireless charger to get it charged.
14. Do a reset on iPhone XR. A reset will not delete any saved data and apps on the iPhone XR. It will help solve the wireless charging not working on iPhone XR. Go to Settings > General, scroll down and tap Reset, select All Settings, and confirm it. After the reset, put the phone onto the exact center of the wireless charger to get it charged.
15. Make sure the iPhone XR is not connected to USB. USB wired charging takes priority. So make sure your iPhone XR is not connected to USB (such as connected to your computer with USB).
16. Use another wireless charger. If you’ve tried all the solutions above but the wireless charger is still not working on your iPhone XR, you need to get a new high quality wireless charger. We recommend Yootech, Anker, Samsung, CHOETECH and Seneo, which are the top ones in this industry., which are the top ones in the industry.
For any question, please don’t hesitate to leave it in your comment below.