“Why is my phone not charging on the wireless charger?”
Put your phone on a wireless charger but it’s not charging? You can quickly figure out what causes this and how to solve the problem.
Here are all you need to get for the problem “why is my phone not charging on the wireless charger”:
Table of Contents:
Not all smartphones support wireless charging, so before we figure out what causes your phone not charging on the wireless charger, please make sure your phone has the Qi wireless charging feature – check which phones have wireless charging.
If your phone supports Qi wireless charging, and it is not charging on a wireless charger, check below the reasons for “Why Is your phone not charging on the wireless charger”.
1. Not on the sweet spot. You are not putting the phone on the exact right position on the wireless charger. Some wireless chargers have the so-called sweet spot, and you need to put the phone on that sweet spot to get it charged.
2. Cable problem. The USB cable of the wireless charger is faulty, or you use a wrong cable (such as a low wattage cable). Please note: cables fail more than you think.
3. Power adapter problem. The AC power adapter of the wireless charger is faulty or it just has poor contact.
4. Inner system conflicts. The wireless charger may get inner system conflicts that stop your phone charging on it.
5. Low quality. You’ve got a low quality wireless charger.
6. Software errors. Your phone has software errors that keep your phone from charging on the wireless charger.
7. Some features turning on. Some features on the phone that you’ve turned on cause the not charging problem, such as the AOD feature, Optimized Battery Charging feature, Daydream feature, and NFC feature.
8. Case. There is a case or other foreign object between the phone and the wireless charger.
9. Low wattage wiring or connecting. The wireless charger is not connecting to a sufficient power supply.
10. Apps. Some apps may prevent your phone from charging on any Qi wireless charger.
11. Overheating. If your phone gets too hot, the software will stop it from charging on any wireless charger to prevent further damage.
12. Cached partition. Cached partition sometimes can cause your Android phone not charging on the wireless charger.
These are all the issues that cause your phone not charging on the wireless charger. One or several of them may interfere with your phone wireless charging.
If there is any new update or if we’ve seen or tested any new cause for the problem, we’ll add it in this part.
Figuring out the reasons why your phone is not charging on the wireless charger is only the beginning. Try the solutions below to quickly solve the problem.
There are many solutions to solve the problem – your phone not charging on the wireless charger. You can try one or several of them.
Below are all the workable solutions in 2020 to fix the not charging problem easily and quickly.
1. Reposition or move the phone a bit to find the sweet spot. This will make the wireless charging coils from your phone and the wireless charger line up correctly.
2. Change the USB cable with a new one. Use another USB cable in your home or around you. Or just buy one.
3. Try another power adapter for the wireless charger. See how to choose a correct power adapter for your wireless charger.
4. Reset the wireless charger. Doing a reset will shut down all conflicts from the wireless charger. See how to reset the wireless charger.
5. Restart your phone. A restart on the phone will help shut down all running processes and errors that may interfere with the wireless charging.
6. Turn off the vibration mode. In the vibration mode, your phone would shit position if it gets too many notifications or calls. It’s highly recommended to turn off the vibration mode when your phone is charging on a wireless charger.
7. Update software. Go to settings to check if there is an update. If yes, download and update.
8. Remove the case and any other foreign object. Do not put any foreign object between the phone and the wireless charger. If your phone has a protective case, take off the case.
9. Disable some features. The features that may interfere with the wireless charging process include AOD feature, Optimized Battery Charging feature, Daydream feature, and NFC feature.
10. Turn off fast wireless charging feature. If your phone supports fast wireless charging, try to turn off this feature in settings > battery, and put the phone onto the wireless charger again to see if it charges.
11. Update or uninstall recently-installed apps. Some apps that are out-of-date or running with bugs could cause your phone not charging on a wireless charger. Update all apps or uninstall the apps that you’ve recently installed. Then restart the phone.
12. Reset all settings. Installing new apps, updates or customizing your phone settings may cause the wireless charging relevant settings not being configured properly. A reset won’t delete your data and apps.
13. Fix the overheating problem. Try the methods in Phone Gets Overheated on Wireless Charger to prevent and fix the overheating problem.
14. Clear the cache and reboot. Turn off your phone, turn it on and hold the volume up button, the home button, and the power button at the same time to make the phone into a boot mode. Select the wipe cache partition option to clear the cache, and then reboot.
15. Replace the wireless charger or get a new high quality one. If all the methods above do not work for you, you need to replace the wireless charger or get a new high quality one. Try Yootech, Anker, Samsung, CHOETECH and Seneo. These work very well with any smartphone. They instantly recognize your phone and start charging once you put your phone on them.
For any question, please don’t hesitate to leave it in your comment blow.