Samsung’s dual wireless charging feature, Wireless PowerShare, is not working on your Samsung Galaxy S10, Note 10, or other Samsung Galaxy phones? Read this post to figure out the causes and solutions.
Table of Contents:
- Affected Samsung Phones with Wireless PowerShare Not Working
- Reasons Why Wireless PowerShare Is Not Working on Samsung Galaxy Phones
- All Workable Solutions to Wireless PowerShare Not Working
This Wireless PowerShare not working issue may occur on these Samsung devices:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
Also check Wireless PowerShare Compatibility Phones.
When you place a Qi standard device back to back on one of these Galaxy smartphones, Wireless PowerShare is not working to charge the device.
Below are the causes.
Here are the main reasons (causes) of Samsung Wireless PowerShare not working correctly.
1. Wireless PowerShare hasn’t been enabled. Each time when you use the Wireless PowerShare on your Samsung Galaxy phone to charge other device, you need to turn on the feature first.
2. Cases interfere with the charging process. Some materials of the case you use on the Galaxy phone may interfere with the Wireless PowerShare charging process.
3. Your Samsung Galaxy phone has less than 30% battery and is not plugged-in. If the Samsung Galaxy phone on which you want to use Wireless PowerShare to charge other device has less than 30% battery and you are not connecting it to power supply, Wireless PowerShare won’t work.
4. Overheating stops Wireless PowerShare. If both or one of the 2 devices is overheated during charging, Wireless PowerShare will stop.
5. Software causes this issue. The version of the software on the phone has bugs which interfere with the Wireless PowerShare charging.
6. The 2 devices are not aligned correctly. It may take you a bit to find the sweet spot.
7. Wireless charging components are corrupted. Corruption can also cause Wireless PowerShare not working correctly.
Samsung Wireless PowerShare only works with Qi standard wireless charging enabled devices. Make sure the devices you want to charge with the Wireless PowerShare is Qi certificated.
Below are all the workable solutions to this Wireless PowerShare not working issue.
1. Manually enable the Wireless PowerShare
Swipe down from the top of the screen on your phone to see the notifications and quick settings. Swipe down again to see all the quick settings. Find Wireless PowerShare and tap it. Now you should see the Wireless PowerShare screen appear with the notification message “Ready to Charge”.
2. Remove the case or other materials
Take off the case if there is any. And remove all foreign materials between the 2 devices. Samsung Wireless PowerShare does not work so well with many cases in our test.
3. Make sure your Galaxy Phone has sufficient charge
Make sure the phone on which you want to use Wireless PowerShare to charge other device has sufficient battery juice. If it has less than 30% battery, connect it to power supply.
4. Reposition the device
The positions of the wireless charging coils can vary by device. You may need to slowly move the devices until they are in the correct position. It may take you a bit to find the sweet spot.
5. Fix the overheating issue
Wireless PowerShare won’t work if the devices are too hot. Close all apps on the phone that are running while using Wireless PowerShare for charging. Or try to close the 2 devices. You may need to wait until the temperature of 2 devices drops down.
Note: If you are using a Galaxy Fold, please close the phone before starting Wireless PowerShare.
6. Update the software to the latest version
Always keep the devices on the most up to date software version. Go to settings to see if there is any update. If yes, download and update it.
7. Contact Samsung support
The wireless charging components may be corrupted. In this case, you need to contact Samsung official support for tech help. You may go to a local Samsung store for help.
For any question, please don’t hesitate to leave it in your comment below.