Last Updated on
You can easily wirelessly charge your OnePlus 5 smartphone on any Qi wireless charger. Below is the how-to guide.
Learn the top 5 things about OnePlus 5 wireless charging.
Table of Content:
- Does OnePlus 5 Have Wireless Charging
- How to Add Wireless Charging to OnePlus 5
- Wireless Charging VS Wired Charging
- How to Select a Best Wireless Charger for OnePlus 5
- How to Prevent Wireless Charging Issues
No, the OnePlus 5 does not have wireless charging built-in. When placed on a wireless charger, the OnePlus 5 smartphone won’t get charged.
The company feels it’s not necessary to add wireless charging to its smartphones. You can check to see which phones support wireless charging.
But there are times when we do need to wirelessly charge our smartphones. If you are in this case or if you prefer the wireless charging method (like we do), you can easily add wireless charging to OnePlus 5.
The most common and also the easiest method to add wireless charging feature to OnePlus 5 (or any other smartphone that has no wireless charging built-in), is to use a wireless charging receiver.
A wireless charging receiver is a mini and thin tag which contains Qi wireless charging coils that are the same as the ones in smartphones compatible with wireless charging.
These charging coils help to receive power from a Qi wireless charger and flow (transfer) the power to the battery of the smartphone.
And a high quality wireless charging receiver nowadays is very cheap.
Below are the steps to easily add Qi wireless charging to OnePlus 5:
- Step 1. Buy a Qi wireless charging receiver for OnePlus 5. Nillkin and YKing are the leaders in this field. Check to see how to select a best wireless charging receiver for your phone.
- Step 2. Attach the receiver on the back of the OnePlus 5 and plug the connector into the phone charging port.
Done! Now your OnePlus 5 is compatible with wireless charging.
Below are the steps to use a wireless charger to charge your OnePlus 5.
- Step 1. Connect your Qi wireless charger to power.
- Step 2. Place OnePlus 5 on a Qi wireless charger with the phone screen facing up.
Now the wireless charger will recognize the phone quickly and charge it.
The smartphone can only be charged at 5W standard wireless charging.
Please use a high quality wireless charger when charging your OnePlus 5. We’ve covered how to select a best wireless charger for your OnePlus 5 in the second last part.
Any charging way has its own pros and cons.
Wired charging is much faster than wireless charging, and wireless charging is much easier and more convenient than wired charging (see all the pros and cons of wireless charging).
It’s up to you when selecting which method to charge your OnePlus 5.
The very things that you need to know are:
- Wireless charging doesn’t do any harm (or any further harm) to the phone and the battery.
- All charging methods can cause heat on the smartphones, including wireless charging. You can prevent overheating easily.
A high quality wireless charger is the key thing to help you have a good experience with wireless charging – no charging issues such as slow charge, intermittent charging or even no charging.
Take these factors into consideration when selecting a best wireless charger for your OnePlus 5.
WPC certificated. This ensures that the wireless charger has been tested by WPC and it’s both safe and complies with the Qi standard.
Fast wireless charging compatible. It’s best to choose a wireless charger that’s compatible with fast wireless charging, because the charger can charge all smartphones in fast charge or standard charge. One wireless charger for all smartphones – it’s a better deal.
Overheating prevention. The wireless charger should have a built-in system to prevent overcharge and overheating.
Brand with reputation. When it comes to wireless charging, always trust a brand with good reputation. Yootech, Anker, CHOETECH and Samsung are the top brands with good reputation in wireless charger industry.
Price. Wireless chargers nowadays are not pricey. But you should make a budget plan that you want to invest in a wireless charger. If you have a small budget, consider Yootech and CHOETECH. They are cheap and in high quality.
Below are the top 7 wireless chargers for your OnePlus 5.
7 Best Wireless Chargers for OnePlus 5
|Yootech Fast Wireless Charger||See at Amazon|
|Anker Fast PowerWave Wireless Charging Stand||See at Amazon|
|Anker Fast PowerWave Wireless Charging Pad||See at Amazon|
|TOZO Wireless Charger||See at Amazon|
|Seneo Fast Wireless Charging Stand||See at Amazon|
|Samsung Wireless Charger Pad||See at Amazon|
|CHOETECH Fast Wireless Charger||See at Amazon|
Follow the tips below to prevent wireless charging issues when using a wireless charger to charge your OnePlus 5 wirelessly.
1. Place the phone onto the exact center of the wireless charger.
2. Use the original cable or adapter that comes with the wireless charger.
3. Do not connect the phone to USB when charging the phone wirelessly. Wired charging takes priority.
4. Update the phone to the newest Android version.
5. Restart the phone if something goes wrong.
6. Restart or reset the wireless charger if you think there is an issue in the charger. To do so, unplug and replug the cable.
7. If there is a noticeable warn, cool the phone and the charger first.
8. Do not put any foreign object between the phone and the charger.
9. Do not use a metal case or a case that contains metal materials. It will stop wireless charging.
10. It’s better to turn off the vibration mode during charging. When the phone gets notifications in vibration mode, it may shit position, which interferes with the wireless charging process.