Your phone charges slowly on the wireless charger? You can make the wireless charging process much faster.
If you are in one of these circumstances and need a solution to make your phone wireless charging faster, you are in the right place:
- Your smartphone wireless charging is slower than before;
- Your phone acts slower especially when you open apps after wireless charging;
- Your wireless charger is good but you want to figure out a faster solution;
- The Fast Charge or the wireless fast charger did not charge your phone as fast as advised;
- You bought the same wireless charger or the same battery case but it did not charge fast as others;
- Your phone is brick or unresponsive during or after wireless charging.
In this post, we’ve detailed all the solutions to help make wireless charging faster for every dilemma you may encounter.
Got a fast wireless charger but it did not charge fast? See the solutions to fix it in the post: Top 5 solutions for fast wireless charger not charging fast.
If there is any we have not covered, please don’t hesitate to tell us in the common below.
Table of Contents:
These solutions below apply to all smartphones, like iPhone, Samsung, LG, Nokia, etc.
Though your phone does not support Fast Charge or Quick Charge wireless charging, say 7.5W, 10W or higher, it doesn’t mean your phone deserves a slow charging.
If you have the normal Qi wireless charger that provides 5W of charging power for your phone, and you find it charges slower than before, try the solutions below to optimize the wireless charging.
Note: The methods below work for Wireless Charging with or without “Fast Charge” Feature.
Solution 1. Use the Original Power adapter and Cable
To make wireless charging faster, use the original power cable and adapter to connect the wireless charger to a wall power supply, which will offer stable and the perfectly suitable power.
Lower power may cause the wireless charger working slow.
For example, if you use a power adapter with 5V/1A or 5V/0.7A output, the wireless charger will charge your phone with a longer time than normal.
Solution 2. Turn on Airplane Mode
Turning on Airplane Mode before you place the phone onto the wireless charger is a super easy way to make your wireless charger charge the phone faster. Airplane Mode will shut off all the phone’s connections, including the WiFi connection, Bluetooth, the cellular data, etc.
Always remember, more connections mean more power consumption, which will definitively cause wireless charging slow on your charging pad.
To turn on the Airplane Mode, go to Settings on your phone, find Airplane Mode, and slide the toggle to On. Alternatively, swipe down from the top of the screen of your phone, which will open the Quick Settings panel, look for the Airplane Mode toggle in the grid, and tap it.
A small airplane icon will appear on the top of the screen.
Solution 3. Take Off the Case
Some cases are made of metal materials which stop the Qi wireless charging process. And some are thick, which may cause a slower speed for wireless charging. Remove the case if there is any.
Solution 4. Position the Wireless Charger Horizontally
Make sure a horizontal placement when you use a wireless charging pad to charge your phone wirelessly, or just put the wireless charger in a location recommended by the manufacturer.
Solution 5. Turn Off the Phone
Turning off the phone can not only close all the phone’s connections, but also shut off all conflicts that may cause the wireless charging slow.
Methods to turn off the phone vary depending on different brands. Here is the screenshot example of turning off an iPhone:
Solution 6. Place Your Phone on the Right Location
Make sure your phone is always placed on the exact center of the wireless charger. If your phone gets a lot of notifications and it’s on the vibration mode, it might shift position a bit. This may cause slower charging on the wireless charger.
Solution 7. Cool the Wireless Charger and Your Phone
Getting too warm will reduce the speed of wireless charging, because the software limits the charging to protect the battery.
Take the wireless charger and your phone to a cooler location or try to make the temperature decrease, and then try to charge your phone again.
Solution 8. Update Your Wireless Charger
If your wireless charger always charges slowly, there might be a bug inside. To make the wireless charging process much faster, a replacement is a good choice. Contact the manufacturer to see if your wireless charger is still in warranty.
If you want a recommendation on the best wireless chargers to charge your phone fast, check the list below, which is the best among our test.
Anker – Best of the Best
- There are 2 modes for wireless charging: 10W faster charging (Fast Charge Mode) and 5W standard charging. If your smartphone, like Samsung Galaxy S10, features fast charge, it will offer 10W blazing-fast power charging, which can speed up the wireless charging for about 30 – 40 minutes. Another factor that makes it the best seller is that this fast charger can charge other phones that have no fast charge feature at a most stable speed, which is much faster than others.
- Case friendly. Even with a protective case on your phone, the wireless charging speed is fast. We’ve tested it with a 5mm case and the charging time is almost the same with the a bare phone.
- Ultra-portable and slim. It feels really good in hands. Not a thick brick at your nightstand and workplace.
Easy to use. Works right out of the box. Use a Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 adapter to connect it to a power supply for faster charge, or a 5V/2A adapter for standard charge.
- Super good customer service. I like Anker’s customer service. It’s timely responsive with friendly manners. You just feel your concerns are priority.
- The first time it did not recognize my phone (and it did after the phone is replaced in the center).
- Not compatible with PopSockets (but most of the wireless charger do not support PopSockes to work with).
- No adapter included.
Yootech – Best Side-bed Option
- 3 modes for wireless charging: 10W fast mode for Samsung phones, 7.5W fast mode for iPhones, and 5W standard mode for other phones.
- Sleep friendly – the part we love most. It has LED lights, like most do, but the lights will automatically turn off once the phone is in the charging process, which is super nice for sleep at night, and which most do not feature in.
- Recognizes the phone very fast. Every time you put on your phone, it recognizes and connect to charging immediately.
- Very slim and light in weight. It’s super easy to carry around , especially when you are travelling around.
- Easy to use, just like Anker wireless charger mentioned above.
- Not compatible with PopSockets.
- No adapter included.
Samsung – Recognizes the Phone Fast
- 2 charging mode: 9W high-speed charging and standard charging.
- Recognizes the Samsung phone very fast.
- Compatible with iPhone and other smarphones.
- Built-in cooling fan to keep devices cool during charging.
- Very slim and well designed.
- Fast charging wall charger with USB-C included.
- Not compatible with PopSockets